Thursday, March 20, 2014
1:00 – 4:00 pm ET
Click here to view the agenda.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Recap of July 31, 2013, NGS-hosted RTN webinar highlights including select Q&A.
- Use of GPS supplemental radio signals in Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services Special Committee-104 format (RTCM), including discussion of degradation due to long distances, and alternative signals.
- Presentations by three RTN managers, an NGS State Advisor, and the SCRIPPS RTN network manager, including studies of seismic shift, and mitigation of natural hazards.
- Use of OPUS Projects to position RTN stations, including coordinate concerns, use of CORS, and network adjustments.
- Plan to compare GPS only vs. GPS/GLONASS data currently underway with Oregon State University, including welcoming RTN user suggestions.
- Real Time Networks use Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) data in conjunction with ground based continuously operating networks to provide improved accurate positioning in real time, to several cm. or better.
- The NGS Guideline document www.ngs.noaa.gov/PUBS_LIB/NGS.RTN.Public.v2.0.pdf can be referred to for more RTN information .
- A final agenda will be made available before the webinar.
- Presentations will be available to download and/or view after the webinar.
- A final report, including Q&A,will be made available after the webinar.
For more information, please contact: Neil.D.Weston@noaa.gov or Rick.Foote@noaa.gov.