The GPS status in TerraSync shows disconnected in the Skyplot View of the Status Screen. How do I connect the GPS?
- Click the drop down arrow next the STATUS and Select SETUP
- Click on the GPS SETTINGS Button
- Make sure your GPS Receiver Port is set to the correct COM Port
- – GeoExplorer Series (GeoXM, XT, XH) = COM3
- – Juno ST = COM2
- – Nomad = COM2
- – ProXR/XRS = COM1 Serial Cable on COM1
- – Recon with GPS Card = COM2
- – Recon with XB = Bluetooth COM you set up
- – Recon with ProXT/XH = Bluetooth COM you set up
- – TSC2 with ProXT/XH = Bluetooth COM you set up
- – Any GPS connected with a serial cable = COM1
- If you are connecting to a GPS receiver via Bluetooth, check your Bluetooth settings.
- Click on Start/Settings/Connections and Bluetooth Icon
- Select the MODE tab
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on
- Select the DEVICES tab
- Check to see if you device is in the list. If it isnt, set it up.
- Select the COM Ports tab
- Check to see if you have an outgoing port. If it isnt, set it up.
- Some Devices use the Serial Ports tab to setup an outgoing or client Serial Port
- Click on OK to exit the GPS Settings Menu
- Click on the GPS button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
- You will see two cables trying to connect.
- When the GPS finally connects you should hear a chime, and a satellite icon will appear.
If your GPS still doesn’t connect:
- Try a Soft Reset
- Try a Hard Reset
- Make sure you have updated firmware
- Call 1-800-949-1446
- Send it in for repair