The ultra-rugged Trimble® SPS985 GNSS Smart Antenna is a valuable solution for contractors who want to conduct their own high accuracy site measurement tasks without hiring a contract surveyor. Ideal for use on small and large job sites, the SPS985 can serve as a GNSS rover system or as a Wi-Fi® enabled base station for other GNSS operations including machine control.
The SPS985 is the smallest and toughest GNSS receiver Trimble has ever built. With its enhanced internal shock isolation, the SPS985 is built for high-vibration use on an all-terrain vehicle (ATV), quad bike or supervisor truck. User-friendly features such as integrated Wi-Fi and wideband radio communications, quick release connector, and smart phone configuration make it easy to use as a pole-mounted rover or base station.
The Trimble SPS985 GNSS Smart Antenna and SCS900 Site Controller Software are ideal for:
- Measuring and verifying original ground levels and site features
- Monitoring real-time cut/fill information
- Checking finished grade and laid material thickness against design elevations and tolerances
- Computing progress and material stockpile volumes
- Monitoring, and conducting quality control for earthworks and paving operations
- Assessing as-built measurements and generating high quality reports for approvals and payment
As a component of the Trimble Connected Site solutions portfolio, the SPS985 also offers connectivity features that save administrative time and increase working productivity. When used with a Connected Controller such as the Trimble TSC3 or Trimble Tablet, job crews can connect to a mobile hotspot in the site trailer or supervisor’s truck and receive GNSS corrections via Virtual Reference Station (VRS) or Trimble Internet Base Station (IBSS). They can also save considerable time by wirelessly synchronizing progress data and as-built information to the job supervisor or head office and receiving updated design information back without ever leaving the job site.