Height Modernization Eastern States Regional Webinar
Tuesday, March 4, 2014
1:00 – 5:00 pm ET
Click here to view the agenda.
This webinar will cover the following topics:
- Basic information about the National Geodetic Survey’s National Height Modernization Program, and supporting services such as the Online Positioning User Service (OPUS), and future plans for a new national vertical datum.
- How federal and state organizations are implementing Height Modernization: this includes any projects/programs related to maintaining or improving elevation information in the state (e.g. leveling, GPS on bench marks, real time networks, lidar, and more…)
- Height Modernization is an initiative focused on establishing accurate, reliable heights using Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) technology in conjunction with traditional leveling, gravity, and modern remote sensing information.
- Elevation (orthometric height) information contributes to informed decision making and impacts a wide range of important activities including mapping and charting, flood risk determination, transportation infrastructure, land use and ecosystem management.
- A final agenda will be made available before the webinar.
- Presentations will be available to download and/or view after the webinar.
- A final report will be made available after the webinar.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com